Drawn from decades of experience with insights from industry leaders, professional photographers and Focus' in-house experts. This guide gives you everything you need to know on how to get started with selling your photography online.
Each section of the guide covers an essential part of the process, from taking your pictures and what type of website or photography store solution is right for you, to making money from your shots. We'll also provide you with all the information you need to keep your photography business growing.
We break down each area into manageable steps. And by reading the guide through to the end, you’ll have all the expertise, strategy and, most importantly, the confidence to get out there and sell your images.
The guide is split into the following chapters:
- How to choose the images you want to sell online
- Where to sell your photos online
- How to set up and launch a photography store
- How to keep the momentum with selling your photography
- How to grow your photography store
- Ideas for how to diversify your photography business
- The dos, don'ts, and best practices for selling your photography
- Links and resources to help you sell your photography
But before we get going, it' crucial to get into the correct mindset for selling photography. Therefore, we think it's handy to have the following mantras, detailed below, at the forefront of your mind. Just having the right mindset from the start already puts you on the best path to becoming commercially successful with your photography:
We recommend reading each part in order. So, start with how to choose your photos to sell and work your way through.
Join the world’s fastest-growing photography platform now & get all the tools you need to start your own photography store.
Get 50% off Picfair Plus with the code UPGRADE-50