These nine top tips can help give your photography the best chance of commercial success!
If you're looking to maximise the sales potential of your photography but not quite sure where best to start. Or if you're just generally looking for some new ideas on how to make the most of your shoots, take a look at these nine tips in our video. All of these have been gathered together for Focus by experts in the photography industry.
The tips included discussing areas like how to check the quality of the files to ensure that your photograph has an excellent background or that you’ve been careful not to experience any camera shake when taking your images.
In this video, we cover all of the following:
- Why you should be authentic
- How you can try to make your photos unique
- Why you should take photos that celebrate diversity
- Why you should leave space for text
- Why composition is important, particularly the rule of thirds
- How to avoid camera shake to take sharp, crisp photos
- Why you should think about the background
- How to make your visions a reality with manual settings
What’s more, you can apply these tips to any type of photography, whether close-up macro photography, spectacular landscape photography or beautiful black-and-white photography. And once you get the hang of them, you’ll see your images improving across any time of photography you do, along with much more potential to sell your photos.
We hope you find the video both informative and inspiring. If you’re looking for even more photography guides, tips and tutorials on how to sell your images, we have an entire business of photography section of Focus to help you do just that!
From guides on where to find freelance work and how to apply for funding for photography projects to how to write an email to prospective clients, our guides are an invaluable asset to building a successful photography business.